Leftover Makeover

We are not Chefs, but we can cook.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Figs Plum Salad


Oh gosh, this is my favourite! Gregg and I loved it. We have a huge fig tree in the backyard, and everyday, we will search behind the big fig leafs for dark purple ripe mission figs. We will sometimes keep it for few days in a room temperature (remember not in the fridge)so that the sugar content is much condensed and sweet. You can see the skin will become wrinkly. So I used it for my salad with some 2 weeks old plums in the fridge. Mix it with Romaine or Butter lettuce or fennels. The dressing is important, I used the leftover corn fritter's dipping sauce as dressing. So you can imagine, the leftover makeover can really make something wonderful. Add some of the Malaysian shrimp crackers, fantastic texture for the whole salad when put in your mouth.

Recipe soon to come.....

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home